Licence to practise since: 1993
- Specialist solicitor in administrative law
- Managing Partner
Arno Gerlach mainly works in the fields of administrative law and the law governing the public awarding of contracts and on topics which relate to EU subsidy law. In his capacity as a specialist solicitor in administrative law, he advises local government bodies, public and private sector companies and private individuals. He develops strategies for these clients, draws up contractual concepts under public law, conducts negotiations, prepares legal opinions and represents your interests in official and legal proceedings. The main focuses of his activities are as follows.
- Urban land-use planning and building permit processes
- Design of and support for tendering procedures
- EU subsidy law
- Local government levies and business administration law
- Funding law
- Environmental law (contaminated sites, soil protection, law relating to waste and protection against emissions, nature conservation)
- Energy law, in particular renewable energies (wind, solar, hydropower and biomass)
- Civil service law
- State liability, expropriation and compensation
Alongside his professional practice, he also serves as a board member of the Rhineland Palatinate Working Group on Administrative Law and is a member of the Procurement Law Committee at the German Bar Association. Arno Gerlach lectures on “Water and Infrastructure Management” at Koblenz University of Applied Sciences and is co-author of a practical work on procurement law edited by Heiermann/Summa/Zeiss. He was appointed as an honorary judge at the Lawyers’ Tribunal of the Rhineland Palatinate with effect from 1 February 2018.